Terms and Conditions of SocietyOne University Scholarship
The SocietyOne University Scholarship (Scholarship or Scholarship Program) is run by SocietyOne and as a condition of entry, the entrant (You) will be bound to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is SocietyOne Australia Pty Ltd (the Promoter, We or Us).
The Entry Task
- To apply for the Scholarship, you will need to provide a written response (maximum 500 words) to the following question:
In light of your chosen field of study, what positive impact do you hope to make on the world after completing your degree?
- We are looking for submissions that reflect a drive to implement positive change in the world through the practical skills you have learnt while studying.
- Only one entry per eligible entrant is permitted.
- Entry is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution in the final year of study. The entrant must be 18 years of age or older, and studying an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in one of the following areas: Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- SocietyOne employees and their immediate family members, including spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling, are ineligible to enter.
- Entries for the 2021 grant may be submitted up until 5.00pm AEST on Wednesday 31 March 2021 (Entry Period).
How to Apply
- Eligible entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period, by submitting their application in the form provided at https://www.societyone.com.au/university-scholarship.
- Should an entrant be shortlisted, they will be required to provide the following information via email:
- A form of photographic identification;
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency (if applicable);
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status; and
- Contact details (including residential address, email and phone number).
- Any entry must be the entrant’s original work, and if an entry is found to be plagiarised, it will be disqualified.
- The winner of the Scholarship will be selected on the basis of the entry that best addresses the task. The selection process will be conducted by a panel of judges from SocietyOne, within 4 weeks after the Entry Period ends.
- In the event that the first chosen winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the Scholarship, the Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements.
- The winner of the Scholarship will be contacted via the contact details provided in their submission.
- The total value of the Scholarship is AUD $5,000 and is paid as a one time payment to an Australian bank account held in the winner’s name.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within four weeks after the winning entry is selected, that winner will forfeit the entirety of the Scholarship, and it shall be awarded to the next runner up. The Promoter will not be liable to a winner who cannot be contacted.
Involvement in promotions
- Information supplied by entrants will be collected and stored by the Promoter and may be used for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- By entering this promotion, the entrant agrees to:
- participate in and co-operate as required with reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed, and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them; and
General Terms and Conditions
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions and that entry into the Scholarship Program is deemed to be in acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, in full.
- Each entrant warrants they have copyright, and other intellectual property rights, for the comments or images submitted for the purposes of their entry and as part of their entry, and provides a license to the Promoter to use the comments in future advertising campaigns and for remarketing purposes. This license is non-revocable except with the express consent of the Promoter.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Scholarship, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive the prize or enter further Scholarship Programs run by the Promoter.
- If this Scholarship is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant or claimant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Scholarship Program, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Scholarship Program. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from the entrant are reserved.
- All entrants must only submit their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded the Scholarship, the entrant must return the Scholarship value to the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and an entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Scholarship Program is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this Scholarship cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this Scholarship Program if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this program. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Scholarship Program.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Scholarship Program at any time if The Promoter experiences any business or financial hardship.
- Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Scholarship Program or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
Terms and conditions for Credit Score Service
To use the free credit score service available via this website (Credit Score Service), you must authorise SocietyOne Services Pty Ltd (us or we) as your ‘access seeker’ under the Privacy Act 1988 to obtain your credit score from Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd (Experian). By doing this, you consent to:
- Us collecting, storing, using and disclosing your credit score information;
- Us using your credit score to provide you with access to relevant information and offers;
- Us acting as your access seeker whenever you access the Credit Score Service to obtain your updated credit score;
- Collecting the personal information you have provided to us when we request your credit score from Experian;
- Using, disclosing, transferring, storing your personal information as credit reporting information;
- Generating your credit score and providing your credit score to us when you register for the Credit ScoreService and from time to time when you request an updated credit score from us;
- Notifying us from time to time that your credit file information has changed.
A feature of our Credit Score Service is free ongoing monitoring of your credit score. From time to time we will notify you by email that your credit score has changed or when information on your credit file changes. If you choose to access your updated credit score by logging in to the Credit Score Service, we will at that time request your updated score from Experian and provide it to you. You may unsubscribe from the Credit Score Service at any time, using the link provided in any emails we send you, or on our website.
General terms and conditions for all users
To the extent possible we choose to carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth) and any regulations. You consent to using electronic means to form, or agree, or agree to, or bind you to, legal obligations. Therefore, where you indicate through electronic means your agreement to, or acceptance of, terms and conditions, offers and other documents, you will be taken to have agreed to, or signed them.
You agree that any where We are required, by law or otherwise, to provide you with any documentation you consent to the provision of that document electronically through the links on this website or any other means We choose to use. Paper documents may no longer be given to you and you must regularly check your email, your Account or text messages for the documents.
To access SocietyOne's services you will also need to agree to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form. We carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth) and any regulations.
You also consent to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form We choose to use. through the links on this website or any other means.
The Site contains information and features that you can access and use, including borrowing and lending accounts and related services, monitoring your loans, participating in groups and any other features or content we may add in the future (the Services).
Eligibility to Use SocietyOne's Services
To be eligible to use Our services via the Site you must hold an Australian bank account and be twenty one (21) years of age or older (Eligibility Criteria). We may vary the Eligibility Criteria from time to time. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 21 or older and have an Australian bank account. We may terminate your membership (see below), delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site without limitation if We believe that you do not comply with the Eligibility Criteria.
To access the full range of Our services and to view all the available details we require that you register a SocietyOne Account (Account) (thereby becoming an Account holder) using a valid email, a user name, a secure password and security question. Each registration is for a single user or joint users only where you are married or in a de facto relationship (Joint Registration). If you are eligible for Joint Registration and register an Account, you and your registering partner will be held to be jointly and severally liable at all times. You must not share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and security question at all times. Please notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security in relation to your Account. You may not use an Account held by any other individual or entity to access Our services at any time.