Terms and conditions for Credit Score Service
To use the free credit score service available via this website (Credit Score Service), you must authorise SocietyOne Services Pty Ltd (us or we) as your ‘access seeker’ under the Privacy Act 1988 to obtain your credit score from Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd (Experian). By doing this, you consent to:
- Us collecting, storing, using and disclosing your credit score information;
- Us acting as your access seeker to obtain your updated credit score on a monthly basis;
- Us using your credit score to provide you with access to relevant information (including monthly credit score updates) and product offers; and
- Collecting the personal information you have provided to us when we request your credit score from Experian;
- Using, disclosing, transferring, storing your personal information as credit reporting information;
- Generating your credit score and providing your credit score to us when you register for the Credit Score Service and from time to time when you request an updated credit score from us; and
- Notifying us from time to time that your credit file information has changed.
A feature of our Credit Score Service is free ongoing monitoring of your credit score. From time to time we will notify you by email that your credit score has changed (or stayed the same) or when information on your credit file changes.
You may unsubscribe from the Credit Score Service at any time, using the link provided in any emails we send you, or on our website.
General terms and conditions for all users
To the extent possible we choose to carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth) and any regulations. You consent to using electronic means to form, or agree, or agree to, or bind you to, legal obligations. Therefore, where you indicate through electronic means your agreement to, or acceptance of, terms and conditions, offers and other documents, you will be taken to have agreed to, or signed them.
You agree that any where We are required, by law or otherwise, to provide you with any documentation you consent to the provision of that document electronically through the links on this website or any other means We choose to use. Paper documents may no longer be given to you and you must regularly check your email, your Account or text messages for the documents.
To access SocietyOne's services you will also need to agree to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form. We carry out all transactions by means of electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth) and any regulations.
You also consent to receive notices, information and other disclosures in electronic form We choose to use. through the links on this website or any other means.
The Site contains information and features that you can access and use, including borrowing and lending accounts and related services, monitoring your loans, participating in groups and any other features or content we may add in the future (the Services).
Eligibility to Use SocietyOne's Services
To be eligible to use Our services via the Site you must hold an Australian bank account and be eighteen (18) years of age or older (Eligibility Criteria). We may vary the Eligibility Criteria from time to time. By using the Service or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and have an Australian bank account. We may terminate your membership (see below), delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site without limitation if We believe that you do not comply with the Eligibility Criteria.
To access the full range of Our services and to view all the available details we require that you register a SocietyOne Account (Account) (thereby becoming an Account holder) using a valid email, a user name, a secure password and security question. Each registration is for a single user or joint users only where you are married or in a de facto relationship (Joint Registration). If you are eligible for Joint Registration and register an Account, you and your registering partner will be held to be jointly and severally liable at all times. You must not share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and security question at all times. Please notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security in relation to your Account. You may not use an Account held by any other individual or entity to access Our services at any time.
SocietyOne Credit Score $10k draw
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- These Terms & Conditions apply to the SocietyOne Credit Score $10k prize draw promoted by SocietyOne Services Pty Ltd ACN 609 495 409 of Level 10, 309 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (“SocietyOne” or the “Promoter”) (the “Promotion” or “Prize Draw”).
- We recommend that you read these Terms & Conditions in full. Information on how to enter the Promotion and information in relation to the prizes form part of these Terms & Conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Promotion commences at 00:01 AEDT on 9 August 2021 and ends at 23:59 AEDT on 31 October 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
Eligibility and Entry
- Entry to the Promotion is open to permanent Australian Residents who are aged 18 years or older (“Eligible Entrants”) and who meet the Entry Requirements. For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions, “Australian Resident” means a person who resides in Australia at the start of the Promotion Period and who holds Australian citizenship or holds an Australian permanent residency visa. Employees of SocietyOne Australia Pty Ltd and their related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act2001) or the immediate family of employees of those entities are ineligible to enter. For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions, “immediate family” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion is open to Eligible Entrants who, during the Promotion Period, register with SocietyOne Services Pty Ltd to receive a free credit score via www.societyone.com.au (Entry Requirements). The Promotion is not open to any person who registered with SocietyOne and received a credit score prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period.
- Each Eligible Entrant who meets the Entry Requirements during the Promotion Period will receive one automatic entry in the Prize draw. There is a maximum of one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
- There will be one (1) prize of $10,000 AUD. The total allocated Prize pool is a maximum of $10,000 (“Prize Pool”).
- The Prize draw will be conducted by [SocietyOne Australia Pty Ltd at Level 10, 309 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000] and will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on 5 November 2021.
- In the event that the Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond SocietyOne’s control, SocietyOne may at its discretion substitute the Prize for an alternative prize, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any additional expenses involved are at the Prize winner’s expense.
- Allocation of the Prize to the winner is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize winner will be notified by email via the contact details supplied by the Eligible Entrant to SocietyOne when registering to receive a credit score. The Prize winner will be notified by November 7 and the winner's name will be published at www.societyone.com.au.
- If necessary and at its complete discretion, SocietyOne may conduct an unclaimed prize draw in order to distribute any unclaimed Prize. All non-winning entries from the original draw will be included in the unclaimed prize draw. The unclaimed prize draw if needed will be conducted by SocietyOne on 7 February 2022 at 2pm. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by email (to the email address supplied by the Eligible Entrant to SocietyOne when registering to receive a credit score) within 3 working days of the draw and the winner's name will be published at www.societyone.com.au.
- SocietyOne reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to request verification of age, identity, residential address of the winner and/or proof of entry validity and other information relevant to entry into or participation in this Promotion. SocietyOne reserves the right to disqualify any individual who: (a) is involved in any way with interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Promotion; or (b) SocietyOne deems has acted in a way which is contrary to the spirit of the Promotion.
- SocietyOne assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry in the Promotion or for inaccurate information by any person or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, SocietyOne may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify the Promotion.
- Where necessary and subject to the approval of the relevant lottery authorities (if required), SocietyOne reserves the right to modify and vary these Terms & Conditions and may withdraw the Promotion at any time. SocietyOne may exclude from the Promotion any entrant who breaches these Terms & Conditions or who acts in a way which is contrary to the spirit of the Promotion or these Terms & Conditions. Any decision of SocietyOne is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, SocietyOne and its related bodies corporate, and their officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any claims, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Promotion and/or the Prizes or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of SocietyOne or its related bodies corporate, or their officers, employees or agents.
Terms and Conditions of SocietyOne University Scholarship
The SocietyOne University Scholarship (Scholarship or Scholarship Program) is run by SocietyOne and as a condition of entry, the entrant (You) will be bound to the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is SocietyOne Australia Pty Ltd (the Promoter, We or Us).
The Entry Task
- To apply for the Scholarship, you will need to provide a written response (maximum 500 words) to the following question:
In light of your chosen field of study, what positive impact do you hope to make on the world after completing your degree?
- We are looking for submissions that reflect a drive to implement positive change in the world through the practical skills you have learnt while studying.
- Only one entry per eligible entrant is permitted.
- Entry is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution in the final year of study. The entrant must be 18 years of age or older, and studying an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in one of the following areas: Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- SocietyOne employees and their immediate family members, including spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling, are ineligible to enter.
- Entries for the 2021 grant may be submitted up until 5.00pm AEST on Wednesday 31 March 2021 (Entry Period).
How to Apply
- Eligible entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period, by submitting their application in the form provided at https://www.societyone.com.au/university-scholarship.
- Should an entrant be shortlisted, they will be required to provide the following information via email:
- A form of photographic identification;
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency (if applicable);
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status; and
- Contact details (including residential address, email and phone number).
- Any entry must be the entrant’s original work, and if an entry is found to be plagiarised, it will be disqualified.
- The winner of the Scholarship will be selected on the basis of the entry that best addresses the task. The selection process will be conducted by a panel of judges from SocietyOne, within 4 weeks after the Entry Period ends.
- In the event that the first chosen winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the Scholarship, the Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements.
- The winner of the Scholarship will be contacted via the contact details provided in their submission.
- The total value of the Scholarship is AUD $5,000 and is paid as a one time payment to an Australian bank account held in the winner’s name.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within four weeks after the winning entry is selected, that winner will forfeit the entirety of the Scholarship, and it shall be awarded to the next runner up. The Promoter will not be liable to a winner who cannot be contacted.
Involvement in promotions
- Information supplied by entrants will be collected and stored by the Promoter and may be used for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- By entering this promotion, the entrant agrees to:
- participate in and co-operate as required with reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed, and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them; and
General Terms and Conditions
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions and that entry into the Scholarship Program is deemed to be in acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, in full.
- Each entrant warrants they have copyright, and other intellectual property rights, for the comments or images submitted for the purposes of their entry and as part of their entry, and provides a license to the Promoter to use the comments in future advertising campaigns and for remarketing purposes. This license is non-revocable except with the express consent of the Promoter.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Scholarship, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive the prize or enter further Scholarship Programs run by the Promoter.
- If this Scholarship is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant or claimant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Scholarship Program, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Scholarship Program. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from the entrant are reserved.
- All entrants must only submit their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded the Scholarship, the entrant must return the Scholarship value to the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and an entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Scholarship Program is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this Scholarship cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this Scholarship Program if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this program. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Scholarship Program.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Scholarship Program at any time if The Promoter experiences any business or financial hardship.
- Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Scholarship Program or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.